Things Remembered Store Managers are responsible for the retail store’s daily operations including the management of a sales staff (3-15 teammates). Our Store Manager’s main responsibility is to manage the store to ensure that the store meets sales and financial goals and provides exceptional customer service while maintaining full compliance with a variety of operational requirements.
Areas of Responsibility
- *A Store Manager is responsible for achieving sales and other store financial goals. Must analyze and understand financial goals/reports and track both individual and store results.
- *Interview, hire, and train sales staff according to Company guidelines.
- *Supervise sales teammates engaged in customer sales, engraving, inventory and reconciling cash and sales receipts.
- *A Store Manager demonstrates success in selling. Utilizes Company selling techniques such as add-on sales and describes engraving information to customers to enhance salesmanship and reach store and individual sales goals. This requires continual mobility throughout the store including standing and walking to effectively assist customers during the sales process.
- *Is proficient in the basic skills of store operations: engraving; performance of all register transactions; and equipment maintenance. This requires continual mobility including standing and walking throughout the store and between the register and engraving equipment as well as occasional squatting and kneeling. Ensure teammates are properly trained in these basic store operations.
- *Participate in store activities of stocking merchandise, processing incoming and outgoing merchandise shipments in a timely manner. This requires continual mobility including constant standing and walking, occasional squatting and kneeling, frequently lifting & carrying up to 10 lbs and occasionally 11-30 lbs as well as frequently climbing a 3-foot ladder working with arms overhead and occasionally using a 3-10-foot ladder to work with arms overhead.
- *Plan and prepare work schedules, managing to required payroll hours and work single coverage in the store.
- *A Store Manager is responsible for motivating and managing sales teammates to ensure store is in legal compliance, and that employee relation’s issues are handled appropriately.
- *Coordination of sales promotions and merchandise displays. Maintain a clean, visually appealing retail store to Company guidelines. This requires continual mobility consisting of frequent walking, standing, squatting, kneeling, lifting and carrying, and working with arms overhead to prepare displays.
- *Create a retail store environment that ensures great customer service. Resolve all customer complaints.
- *Responsible for physical security of the store and off-site storage locations including locks, shipments and cash.
- *Responsible for daily balancing of cash, nightly bank deposits and ensuring teammates are in compliance.
- *Responsible for two annual comprehensive physical inventories. Maintain accurate inventory results throughout the year by analyzing weekly shipment reports and merchandise transfers.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Complete required Assessment (presented at the end of application)
- Minimum of 2 years of retail management experience in a mall-based environment
- Small box retail and single coverage experience
- Selling experience
- Excellent Organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate verbally in a clear, audible, and grammatically correct manner
- Ability to listen, read, and accurately transcribe and verify customer message specifications onto engraved merchandise
- Experience in training and developing a team
- Ability to hold teams accountable and confront the tough issues
- Good negotiating skills
- Good influence, persuasion, and problem resolution skills
- Strong eye for Visual Merchandising
- Relates to all customer segments and creates a good first impression